Medcall Healthcare is committed to increasing affordable access to medical care
utilizing state of the art technology to immediately connect patients to Emergency
Trained physicians. MedCall physicians are highly trained to provide virtual
Emergency and non-emergency medical assistance in accordance to best medical
practices to achieve better outcomes.
- MedCall Healthcare is dedicated to providing first-call immediate access to board certified, state licensed physicians.
- We are dedicated to providing highly trained physicians to facilitate both emergency and non-emergency medical calls.
- We provide patient members unlimited direct access to physicians without appointment or waiting for call back.
- We provide care for unanticipated illness and injury along with efficient referral for follow up care.
- MedCall Healthcare is not a substitute for traditional healthcare; we provide an extension to traditional healthcare.
- Our MedcalAssi s t physicians are specifically trained in the specialty of both Emergency and Non-Emergency Telemedicine, as practiced and developed by Dr. Eric L. Stirling, over more than 30 years. Dr. Stirling is the
founder and Chief Medical Director of MedCallAssist physician group.
- Our physicians are licensed in the state for which the patient member resides and are held accountable to the medical board for that state.
- Our physicians are held to the same standards of care required by other healthcare providers.
- MedCall Healthcare and our physician partners strictly adhere to the standards for privacy and record keeping required by HIPAA (The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act).
- Our physicians are dedicated to the highest standards of care for follow up, case disposition and referral back into the primary care system.
- Our physicians are dedicated solely to the care of MedCall Healthcare patients while they are on call.
- Our physicians do not prescribe any controlled substances to MedCall Healthcare patient members.
I was in New York on a business trip when I began to feel ill around 11 pm. I would not have known where to go in the city for care at 11 o’clock at night. I made a MedCall and once the physician determined what prescription was needed, they directed me to the nearest pharmacy 3 blocks from my hotel. I was able to attend my meetings the next 2 days.
Jerome, Charlotte Member since 2014